A new Lenten Bible study for adults begins Sunday, Feb. 14th, led by Rev. Elizabeth Parker Horton. It is a DVD-based study that will take place through Sunday, March 20th.
Please join us Sunday at 9:45 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall as the study promises to encourage critical thinking and stimulate interesting conversation.
Titled “Living the Questions,” it will focus light on how many current church dogmas have warped Jesus’ call to “follow me” into a formula for wealth, health, victory, and political gain. The study will not provide easy answers, but could help you think about the mysteries of faith and life in ways you may have never considered. Topics for the study include:
1. How faith is not a destination but a journey.
2. Taking the Bible seriously, but not always literally.
3. Thinking theologically means getting comfortable with ambiguity.
4. Looking at both Creation Stories
5. Exploring the lives of Jesus
6. A Passion for Christ: Paul